Friday, October 24, 2014

Let Your Light Shine

I'm excited about a coming change to my work commute.  Although I'll still be driving the same route to the workplace, the journey will be a little different because of the addition of streetlights along the highway close to Deerfoot Parkway where I merge onto interstate traffic.

Why the excitement?  For years, the Deerfoot Exit has been a trouble spot with numerous accidents.  Several years ago some traffic lights were installed to lessen the danger of mishaps.  However, the exit still was tortuous due to its darkness.  Hence, one can understand my giddiness with something as simple as streetlights.

Yet, even though the lights were installed several months ago, there is still one major problem...they haven't been turned on.  Although the lights add an attractiveness to the interstate and the Deerfoot Exit, they simply aren't doing their job.  They aren't shining, a basic function of a light I guess you would say.  In addition, I read where some additional lights will be installed further down on the interstate on my way into work.  Yet, according to the newspaper source, the contractor has up to six months to complete this installment.  So, if I understand correctly, even though streetlights are being installed, the official lighting may not occur until many months away.

Jesus said, "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16).  Just as the anemic streetlight along the interstate, if the light is not turned on, it doesn't do anyone a bit of good.  By providing some light to others in good times and bad, their life journeys may be a little easier along the way.

Both of my books, "A Place I Didn't Want To Go: My Victory Over Cancer" and "Glorified Sickness: Honoring God Through Illness" provide ample light for anyone going through cancer or major illness.  I feel confident you'll be illumined by them if you check them out on Amazon and Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment