Sunday, June 8, 2014

Finding Your Power Source

Yesterday, my car abruptly wouldn't start.  As a matter of fact, it had a major electrical malfunction.  Although I had driven to work this past week without incident, when I tried to start it after running yesterday, nothing happened.  It was an eery sound of silence.  Everything was out on the car.  No lights would work, the emergency flashers were inoperable, the horn wouldn't sound, even the door locks on my key chain were kaput.  After I finished my run, I walked home (about 1/2 mile from where I parked my car) and informed my wife of this automobile crisis.  Why didn't I call her?  Well, I also had left my cellphone at home, adding insult to injury.  After I took a shower, I contacted my father in law (who thankfully knows how to fix everything).  He picked me up at my house and drove me to my car. 

He opened up the hood and discovered the problem almost immediately.  Even though I had checked the battery cable connections (or at least I thought I had), he recognized that the connections were definitely loose on one side.  He tightened up the loose connection and I was on my way within minutes, rejoicing that I was not facing a major car repair.

This minor incident reiterated to me how power is so important in life.  This is easily illustrated when a major storm hits an area.  As a result, what's the first thing we do when the power goes off?  We call the power company, not imagining a world without power.  We want the power back on and the sooner the better.  Living in darkness is not what we desire.  Although we might can conjure up some power by a home generator or even a little light by candles and flashlights, our strength is definitely limited.  We need power from an outside source, that is, the local power company who helps us meet the needs of our lives.

II Corinthians 12:9 relates how God's power is perfected in weakness.  Our darkest hours may compel us to contact Him and ultimately receive the power that He provides.  A great song which illustrates this is "Break Every Chain".  Listen to the wonderful words of this song below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyjD5Zw2ew&index=7&list=FL6DZGHWbF8Q1JDjBYsVFT2A





 

No comments:

Post a Comment