Sunday, March 11, 2012

Overcoming Cancer

Welcome to my blog.  Let me tell you a little about myself.


I am a cancer survivor.  In June 2004, I was diagnosed with an advanced form of bladder cancer and had my bladder totally removed.  My surgeon created a new bladder, a "neobladder", out of twenty inches of my small intestine.  In March 2006, cancer was again discovered in my lymph nodes.  I underwent three and a half months of brutal chemotherapy.  During my chemotherapy, I was hospitalized five times and received a total of seven units of blood.  My chances of surviving five years according to my oncologist were 15-20%.
But God had other plans.  I am happy to report that as of June 15, 2011, I am officially cured of cancer.  I am fully convinced that God had a hand in my diagnosis, treatment and  recovery.
I have subsequently written a book entitled, “A Place I Didn’t Want To Go: My Victory Over Cancer” (the title is based on John 21:18).  In my book I describe the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of going through cancer.  I also list the seven warning signs of cancer, the three types of sickness mentioned in the Bible and a six step guideline for overcoming cancer.  This is especially important, seeing that one out of two men in the United States and one out of three women will experience cancer at some point in their lifetime. Hence, my book provides hope for anyone going through cancer or major illness.  My book is loaded with Scripture and I believe it is doctrinally sound.

My book is available on Amazon for $10 (plus shipping and handling).  So far it has received pristine reviews.  It can be accessed online at:


There was also a story about my cancer survival and book in The Birmingham News on Wednesday January 11, 2012.  It can be accessed online at:

http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-stories/2012/01/pinson_man_chronicles_his_vict.html

I am praying for avenues to share my story as God provides. I would be honored if I could share with your congregation, men’s group, whomever, how God has brought me through cancer.  I have been saved since 1975 and a member of NorthPark Baptist Church (formerly Roebuck Park Baptist Church) in Trussville, Alabama since 1983.  I am also more than willing to answer any questions online about cancer recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment