Saturday, August 5, 2017

When Life Doesn't Make Sense

It happened the other day, although I really shouldn't be surprised.  I was cutting my grass without incident.  I cut my front yard, was making my way towards the back lawn when, lo and behold, one of the wheels came off my lawnmower.  No warning or anything.  Just abruptly fell off, bringing the lawn care to an abrupt halt.  I grabbed  a few tools and proceeded to attempt to fix the problem.  Much to my dismay, I discovered it would be a tricky repair (as most things I try to repair are difficult).  My lawn mower is a self-propelled variety and the wheel had to be placed back on in tedious fashion.  I struggled with it for a while, trying to get it screwed back on.  After several minutes without success, I called my father-in-law to see if he could help but he was tied up at work.  So, I basically gave up for the moment.  The wheel repair would have to wait in addition to trimming the rest of the lawn.     Later that night, after I got home from Bible study, I again tried to secure the loose wheel.  After struggling with it for at least thirty minutes and resisting the temptation to throw my tools, I finally got the blasted thing back on.  A simple task had turned into a monumental effort with much physical and mental strain.

You know how some people have the "Midas touch", that is, everything they touch turns to gold?  Many times I feel I have an "un-Midas" touch, everything I touch turns to disaster.  The simple home repair becomes the horrific project.  The easy day at work becomes unbearable.   The casual sickness fails to respond to the usual treatment. Basically, nothing seems to go right.  Prayers are reduced to simple utterances of "Please help me, God!".

The prophet Habakkuk was also familiar with distresses.  He ministered in the land of Judah several decades before the Babylonians captured Jerusalem in 586 B.C.  He was keenly aware of a time when life as he knew it would not make sense.  Consider the richness of his words from Habakkuk 3:17-19:

"Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet.
And makes me walk on my high places."

Notice his response to his distress, "Yet I will exult in the Lord."  Even though life was turning rotten, nothing was working out like it should have, he placed His confidence in the Lord.  Perhaps, one day, it would all make sense.  Reminds me of the verse from the old hymn, "Farther Along" which states:

"Farther along we'll know all about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my brother live in the sunshine
We'll understand it all by and by."

So, hold on, don't give up.  God has everything under control.







2 comments:

  1. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOVE SPELL, LOTTERY SPELL. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. My names are monica armando I’m a citizen of United Kingdom, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is charlie Sandra I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in UK still yet no good result. I decided to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called smith Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the root and half to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in UK, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact drosamuherbalcure@gmail.com or call <+2348150512404> he will help you out with the problem.

    ReplyDelete