Thursday, April 13, 2017

More Importantly, Overcoming Life-My Latest Book Release

Believe it or not, I became an author because of cancer.  After being diagnosed with Stage III bladder cancer and undergoing major surgery along with chemotherapy, I authored two books, "A Place I Didn't Want To Go: My Victory Over Cancer" (2011) and "Glorified Sickness: Honoring God Through Illness" (2014).  I also began writing this blog. 

However, I have now ventured out into writing about something which has nothing whatsoever to do with sickness.  As I've gotten older, I realize how we live in a dark and dreary world.  War. Crime. Persecution. Ephesians 6:12 states, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”

As a result, I'm excited to announce the publication of my third book, Bullet Points: Absolute Essentials For Facing A Fallen World.  In this book, I expound on Romans 12:9-21, a New Testament passage which provides practical advice for how Christians should conduct themselves in this world. Among the questions I address in Bullet Points include:

• How are Christians to love those who are in the world?
• Is it ever acceptable for a Christian to hate?
• What should be a believer’s attitude towards personal enemies?
• In spite of these dark times, is there anything in which Christians can rejoice?
• What specifically should believers hold tightly during these days of peril?
• Is it possible to live in harmony with all people?
• Is it okay for Christians to pay back others for wrongs committed against themselves?
• Most importantly, how can believers overcome evil with good?

Yes, overcoming cancer or major illness is nice.  But, overcoming life in general is far much better.  I would encourage you to get a copy of my latest book, Bullet Points: Absolute Essentials For Facing A Fallen World.  Available on Amazon at the link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Bullet-Points-Absolute-Essentials-Facing/dp/1937908623/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492134429&sr=8-1&keywords=bullet+points+b.+davis+campbell


No comments:

Post a Comment