Thursday, July 28, 2016

Getting Your Rhythm

It's always hard to start running, especially if I have worked a lot during the week.  I'm  tired, my body is sluggish, I'd much rather stay home and watch TV, but I have to keep pressing forward.  Why?  Because I know its the right thing to do.  I want to stay healthy.  I want to keep my weight down.  I don't want to feel guilty when I eat like a pig. 

So, I begin my run, leaving the cold beverages and air conditioner behind.  It's tough at first, then something happens, not necessarily every time I run, but on occasion.  Amazingly, I start to develop a running rhythm.  You could say my body turns on "auto pilot".  I no longer have to think about the next step--my body just keeps moving and the steps become more fluent.

Come to think of it, there are some things in life we should do automatically, almost without giving them any thought.  These are actions and attitudes we should do whether we are in good or bad health, rich or poor, happy or sad, you get the picture,  In other words, this is the "auto pilot" of life. 

Micah 6:2 describes what should come naturally to someone who loves the Lord.  This verse proclaims, " He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? "

Do justice, love kindness, walk humbly with your God.  As a bare minimum in life, these things  should be our "auto-pilot".  Ready to throw the switch? 




No comments:

Post a Comment