Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Putting Life On Hold Temporarily

I was greatly looking forward to this past week.  Why?  Because I was going to have a week long vacation from work.  After not taking off any time since last summer, I was ready to be off and relax. 

The first day off was fun.  I played golf with my father and some golfing buddies.  I didn't shoot too well but it was good to hit the links after a lengthy absence.

Then it happened on the second day off.  Of all things, I started coming down with a cold (which is extremely rare for me).  I didn't really have a sore throat or nasal congestion.  However, I developed a persistent cough.  In addition, I have felt extremely "washed out" during this time period.  So, what should have been some fun vacation days for me have actually turned into your basic sick days.  Any dreams I had of accomplishing great things this week, e.g. cleaning around the house, trying to get caught up on some paperwork, etc., have been put on the back burner.  Each day I have done little more than guzzle cough medicine and lie around the house.  Not the best vacation in the world.

Yet, sometimes that is what happens in life.  Due to illness or other distress, life gets placed "on hold".  There is really nothing to do but wait out the storm.  Hopefully, when the storm dissipates, life will resume as it is supposed to be.  The same place you get off the merry-go-round is where you get back on, ready to resume the ride.

I hope to be back in action soon.  But for now, much to my dismay, life is temporarily on hold.



No comments:

Post a Comment