Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Following Through

Golf remains a mystery for me.  I've been playing for about forty years and still am a mediocre player.  As a matter of fact, I have to work at golf just to be lousy.  Hence, I am sometimes looking for ways to improve my game.

Thankfully, with the invention of the internet, I am able to find helpful golfing tips on my computer (these tips even come with how-to videos).  Remedies to practically any kind of golf swing deficiency can be found by a simple internet search. 

I recently found a helpful hint to assist me with my short game.  Gratefully it's a tip which I can put into practice.  Basically I learned that when I hit a chipping shot I need to remember to follow through with the shot.  To a non-golfer, this may not make any difference.  In other words, once you hit the ball, isn't  the ball already headed towards its target?

This is true to an extent.  However, when a golfer follows through with the shot, it helps hit the ball more solid.  More solid hits mean better golf shots.  Better golf shots mean lower scores.  Lower scores mean more golfing enjoyment.  So, it is absolutely, positively, imperative to follow through on my shots.

This applies to health care also.  Having been in the health care field for over thirty years, I am amazed at how many people don't follow through on their health.  They don't take their medicines, don't show for doctors' visits, don't quit smoking, etc.  As a result, their chances of controlling a sickness and living a quality life are reduced.  Why?  Because they didn't follow through.

So, my chances of hitting a better golf shot are improved when I follow through.  Following through with my health care providers for necessary tests and visits has an even better result...sicknesses are kept under check and I can better enjoy the life God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment