Saturday, December 6, 2014

Resting In The Outcome

Well, college football season is coming to a close soon with end of the year bowl games, championship games, etc.   I enjoy watching games, especially seeing my favorite team on the field. 

Thankfully, with the advent of cable TV and satellite dishes, there are multiple sports channels that I can view at all times of the day.  Some of these channels show replays of my team, giving me a chance to watch games again, to refresh my memory of key plays and to hear the roar of the crowd.

Basically, I only watch replays of games that my team won.   This is advantageous in one simple way.  For example, if my team fumbles, throws an interception, gives up a big play, or even falls behind at times, I don't have to worry.  I know the final outcome.  Even when victory seems almost impossible, I know which team will ultimately prevail.

Sometimes in life I feel like I'm losing.  My health is not as chipper as I want it to be.  My finances are struggling.  My house is falling apart.  And, of course, there is always the mental and emotional concerns regarding cancer.  Although I've been cancer free for years, there is a perpetual cloud hanging over me.  Will it come back?  Will my next CT scan be okay?

Yet, I am not to worry.  Psalms 139:16 says, "...in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."  In other words, I am not going to die one second before I am supposed to die.  God knows all of my days, every one of them.  Even though life may be rough at times, with God's sovereign will, I'll be around as long as I'm supposed to be.

It's similar to watching a replay of a football game.  Just as I know the outcome or final score, God knows the outcome of my life.  In the meantime, I should just enjoy the game.  Rah! Rah!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment