Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Message Goes Global

"...you shall be My witnesses, both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."  (Acts 1:8 NASB)

Before Jesus ascended into heaven, He told His disciples how the message of the Gospel would spread throughout the whole world through their testimony.  Gratefully, their message of the redeeming power of Christ eventually reached across the continents and gripped my heart in the summer of 1975 when I was born again.  You could say that when Jesus uttered the above statement America was part of the "remotest part of the earth."   As a matter of fact, the area where I live just north of Birmingham, Alabama, is part of the United States now known as "The Bible Belt", although our country as a whole currently appears to be in spiritual decline.  Nevertheless, I am forever indebted to the faithfulness of the first followers in proclaiming the Gospel so that one day I would be assured access into a glorious place called heaven.

Hopefully, just as the early disciples, I pray that I will be a faithful witness in proclaiming the Gospel.

In like manner, my desire is to spread my message of cancer recovery throughout the whole world.  I guess Birmingham is my Jerusalem, Alabama is my Judea and Samaria, and the United States and beyond is my remotest part of the earth. 

In relation to this, I am most excited to proclaim I had the privilege of doing a poster presentation on "Bladder Cancer: Through The Eyes Of A Survivor" at the American College of Nurse Practitioners Conference in Toronto on October 5th, 2012.  It was thrilling for me to share my story in another country, although most of the attendees of the conference were from the states.  Yet, just being able to describe how God has worked in my life on the soil of a foreign country was a great joy.  You could say my message has now gone global.

Where will I get to share my story in the future?  Europe? Asia?  Africa?  Only God knows. But I am not content to allow my story to stay within the confines of the Bible Belt.  I have worldwide aspirations....and that's a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment